Friday, May 1, 2009

Have you ever...

Have you ever spent the time memorizing a scripture because you like the way it sounds? I've been reading The Purpose Driven Life again. When I read it for the first time a few years ago I bought the Daily Inspiration guide to go with it. The guide is full of Bible verses that enhance the day's reading. On day 11 this one is included.

Psalm 25:14 (LB)

Friendship with God is reserved for those who reverence him. With them alone he shares the secrets of his promises.

When I read it I thought to myself that this would be a good one to meditate on and memorize. I liked the sound of it. I didn't have any idea that within a couple of days I would have an opportunity to share it with a close friend. He had been struggling with some things and as he was telling me about what was going on this verse kept popping in my head. I shared it with him and it was the answer to is questions. Man how cool is the way God works in our lives!?



No comments: