Thursday, August 28, 2008

How Great is our God?

Last Saturday I went out to do my usual running around. I went to Menard's to get some supplies to paint my bedroom, Aldi for groceries, and Meijer to pick up a few things. When I got in my truck to leave Meijer the battery was dead. I sat there running all the scenarios through my head (who can I call, can a flag some one down to get a jump) and decided to just go back in and buy one of those handy jump starters. I stood there looking at the different models they carry and the cheapest one is $45. I looked at the batteries and they were $65. My budget is extremely tight. I had the money to buy one but that would leave me short on paying bills. I went ahead and got a new battery, took it out to the parking lot, jumped my truck and went home. All the way I was thinking about my bills and what was I going to do. When I got home I went to get the mail and there was a letter from my mortgage company. Now what? I opened it and enclosed was a check for $288.00, a refund for over payment into the escrow account. And to top it off the house payment went down $15 a month.

How great is our God?

Greater than our problems.

1 comment:

Julie Smies said...

I LOVE when that happens!!