Friday, April 11, 2008

Coincidence?...I think not

A little over a year ago Danny V told me about a book titled "Now, Discover Your Strengths". I read the book and took the profile test online. One of my Signature Themes is Connectedness. "People strong in the Connectedness theme have faith in the links between all things. They believe there are few coincidences and that almost every event has a reason."

Keep that in mind.

Every morning before I go to work or out for the day I read from "Still God's Man - A Daily Devotional Guide to Christlike Character". Starting Saturday and through the rest of the week the Bible reading has been Nehemiah. I carry a Bible in my work van and try to read on my lunch or between calls. I haven't read from it for a while until Monday. I opened my Bible at the bookmark and it marked the same passage I read earlier that morning. While driving to a call later in the afternoon I turned on the radio and Dr. Lester Sumrall was preaching about Nehemiah. He was talking about how Nehemiah a servant to the king became a Champion for God. A regular guy lifted to greatness.

Coincidence?

Nehemiah asked the king to go and do what God put on his heart, rebuild the the wall around Jerusalem. The king granted his request, and even sent soldiers to protect him. He rallied the people to rebuild the wall. Stood his ground to opposition, and reinstated the Law of Moses.

Will I be as great as Nehemiah? Probably not. But God has put something on my heart. If I can be as diligent, patient, wise, persistent, and courageous as Nehemiah. I will be a Champion for God too.

Nehemiah 13:31 ...Remember me with favor O my God

No comments: