Sunday, July 12, 2009

Strong Language

John used the strongest language of any of the apostles, and he
said that if we claim to have fellowship with God and yet are in
darkness, we lie. There are a great many folk today who say they
have fellowship with Him, and they’re not settling the things that
are wrong in their lives. My friend, if you are going to walk with
God, you are going to walk in light. And if there is sin in your
life, you are not walking with Him. You cannot bring Him down
to your level.

But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have
fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus
Christ, his Son, cleanseth [keeps on cleansing] us from
all sin. (1 John 1:7)

He died to save us from the guilt of sin. I have been saved –
that’s justification. I am being saved – that is sanctification. That’s
what the old theologians call deliverance from the pollution of
sin.

Excerpt from How to have a Fellowship with God by Dr. J. Vernon McGee


http://www.thruthebible.org/site/c.irLMKXPGLsF/b.4104243/k.B4BD/Booklet_Downloads.htm

2 comments:

victoria said...

i took some time to PONDER (my favorite word) on this posting, and want to test some of this.

A. there is ALWAYS some sin in our life, at any given time. none of us our perfect.
b. it takes baby steps,ongoing, to settle the wrong things in our life. is a steady progress.
c. sin follows us everwhere. we can only be free from it once we are in heaven. right?
d. no true christian would dare try to bring God down to our level. we just have to aspire to reaching up with open arms to Him.

hmmm-very mind challenging, i think.
Victoria
hope you do not mind that i am reading your blog.

Brian Warrell said...

Victoria

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, I put things on here that make me think and guide me in my walk, my intent is to help others with their walk.

I suggest you follow the link and download the booklet (How to Have Fellowship with God)that this excerpt came from. Dr McGee has a way of teaching that is really helpful.

Thanks again and have a great day!