Sunday, December 7, 2008

Another Reminder

I've been reading a few pages a day from Streams of Living Water for a couple of months now. Just about every time I pick up this book something gets my attention. There are times especially at work when I get all wrapped up in what I'm doing so I forget that everything I do in this life should be for the Glory of God. But I get frustrated or things don't go my way, I get upset and caught up in my own problems. I forget that God is with me all the time. So when I read this prayer it really hit home.

"Help me, Lord, to remember that religion is not confined to the church, or closet, nor exercised only in prayer and meditation, but that everywhere I am in Thy presence. So may my every word and action have a moral content... May all the happenings of my life prove useful and beneficial to me. May all things instruct me and afford me an opportunity of exercising some virtue and daily learning and growing toward Thy likeness... Amen."

Susanna Wesley
Mother of John and Charles Wesley

Is everything I do for the Glory of God? Not always...but when I read something like this it reminds me that I'm human and I need His help in everything I do.

2 comments:

Kristin Baker said...

What a great prayer. I hadn't read that before. Thanks for sharing this!

Anonymous said...

I've read the book twice and come away with fresh thoughts each time.

And thanks for the book you gave me!