Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Psalm 116

For the past few days I've been a little off. Trevor went back to Orlando, money is tight, I'm in limbo waiting for the fall semester to start, a relationship has shifted, my employment is in question, just a lot of stuff going on right now. I haven't felt like this for a while, even a close friend said she could see it in my eyes, but I downplayed it.

I've been reading a Psalm a day for the last 4 months and today was Psalm 116. It's funny how God talks to us just when we need to hear from him most.

Psalm 116: 1-7

1 I love the LORD, for he heard my voice; he heard my cry for mercy.
2 Because he turned his ear to me, I will call on him as long as I live.
3 The cords of death entangled me, the anguish of the grave came upon me; I was overcome by trouble and sorrow.
4 Then I called on the name of the LORD : "O LORD, save me!"
5 The LORD is gracious and righteous; our God is full of compassion.
6 The LORD protects the simplehearted; when I was in great need, he saved me.
7 Be at rest once more, O my soul, for the LORD has been good to you.


I still feel off but this was a great reminder that God has been good to me. Feelings will come and go but God will be with me forever.

No comments: