Sunday, January 3, 2010

Priceless

My 13 year old son lives in Florida with his mom most of the year. He comes to visit 6 weeks in the summer and a week over Christmas break. This Christmas break because of the cost of airfare it was cheaper for him to stay an extra week which saved us about $300. Part of the reason I left my job when I did was so I could spend all that time with him. In the past it always worked out that I would be on-call for my job and end up working 60-80 hours that week, so I would only see him for short periods of time. It was terrible.

These past 2 weeks were truly a gift. We spent almost the entire time together, playing Wii and Xbox360, wrestling and tickling, talking and enjoying each other's company; real father and son bonding.

I have faith that God has another job being prepared for me that will be closer to His plan for my life. Would a 60-80 hour paycheck have been nice? Yes. But most things in life only happen once. Spending quality time with someone you love is PRICELESS!

No comments: