Sunday, December 13, 2009

Alone Time

Last night I was getting ready for bed and saying my nightly prayers of thanks and God told me it was time for some alone time. If you've followed my blog you know that I like to get away from it all and reconnect with Him. So I got up early this morning and drove to one of my favorite places to go and be alone with God. My plan was to go to the lighthouse on Lake Michigan in Michigan City Indiana, but when I got there the ice on the pier was unsafe to walk on. So I walked down the beach. It was a little cold and rainy this morning so I was the only person on the beach for miles. I love being alone like that, I can talk with God without having any distractions.

As I walked along the frozen sand He revealed something to me that I had not realized before. It was extremely freeing. This was something from my childhood that I had stuffed far down deep and had forgotten about. As I talked and prayed to him I could feel His power and strength rise up inside me, and I will never be the same again.

I share the stores of my life with you to bring glory to God. Hopefully they inspire you to get closer to Him. Take time to get away, talk with him, listen to him and just be with Him. I guarantee that you will return home a changed person.

No comments: