Sunday, June 14, 2009

Guitar Hero

Rick Derringer has always been one of my favorite guitar players. His work spans over 4 decades. His most notable hit was "Hang on Sloopy" in 1965 when he was with the McCoy's. He is also known for hits like "Free Ride" and "Rock & Roll Hoochie Koo" with the Edgar Winter Group. He has produced dozens of albums and recorded hundreds of songs with other artist. He's played or recorded with legends like Jimi Hendirx and John Lennon to Barbra Streisand. In my opinion he is one of the all time greatest, he was doing hammer-ons way before Eddie Van Halen made them famous.

From time to time I'll get on Youtube and search a few things just to see what's going on in the world. This morning I did a search on Rick. There are some great videos of live performances out there, had fun watching some of those. But there is also a series of interviews (from Dec 07) with him. I love watching interviews of my favorite people. It helps me understand who they are a person not just how I perceive them to be. One of the interviews is on faith. I thought I'd share it with you. It brings a smile to my face.


http://www.rickderringer.com/

No comments: