Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day Fun

Fred and Cindy invited Nancy and I to go Horse back riding with them today. We had a great time. Cindy owns and operates Crooked Creek Ranch near Wakarusa. Her ministry is to have kids from different organizations from around the area come to the ranch and ride the horses. It's a great way for kids to learn about animals and build their self esteem. All the kids love to go to the ranch.

A couple of months ago I was working at a horse ranch in Michigan that was for sale. The man that owned the ranch told me that he was looking for a good home for the two horses he had. I explained to him about Cindy and her ministry. He said that she could have them. I got his number and had Cindy call him right away. After a check up by the Vet she brought them home.

Today I got to ride one of those horses, he was great. Cindy was riding the other one.

Nancy and I had a great time today. We road them in the woods, in the creek, down a dirt road, all over the place.

Thanks Fred and Cindy


2 comments:

Terry Ingle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Terry Ingle said...

Now that looks like fun!! I love to ride horses, but I haven't done it for years.
About that smooth stone award...It couldn't have gone to a more deserving guy. I just love your heart, buddy. I love your quiet and gentle spirit and when I'm with you I really do see the love of Christ shining through you. I'm really glad and thankful to be your friend!